Hyperledger to kick-off 1st Asian blockchain hackathon in Shanghai
The 2-day Hyperledger Hackathon will kickoff in Shanghai, China on 11th March 2017. The event will be hosted by Linux Foundation, IBM and Wanda Group.
Hyperledger is an open-source project founded by Linux Foundation in 2015, aiming at fostering collaboration between members, building an open platform, meeting demands from various sectors in difference scenarios and optimizing business flow.
on December 1st, 106, it’s announced that the Technical Working Group China (TWG China) was founded to help bridge and foster a working relationship between the global Hyperledger community with local technical teams in China. The TWG China was first approved by the Hyperledger technical steering committee (TSC) as 25% of Hyperledger members are from mainland China.
Hackathon is one of the classic technical events brought by Hyperledger. Dev teams must finish program design, coding and finally presenting to the public within 48 hours. All projects will be evaluated by a panel of senior experts in the industry with the following criteria:
- Creativity: novelty and differentiation of product
- Practicality: the practical use of the product in actual life
- Presentation: product should be presented in a clear and rational manner
- Impact: The impact and size of the solution to the product
- Technical difficulty: the technical difficulty required to complete the product
- Professionalism: Whether the product is ready to run on IBM Bluemix
Team members usually consists of but no limited to: front-end and back-end developers, architect, auditor etc.
Blockchain Hackathon Shanghai is the debut of Hyperledger project in Asia. Based on the previous experience in Europe and North America, Linux Foundation will co-host the event along with IBM and Wanda Group.
Developers across the globe are invited to join in the game using Hyperledger Fabric technology to transform the world as we know it.