DEx.top Beta In May : dual-ledger lower 30% gas cost per order
May 18, Hanghzou- 8btc learn that DEx.top, decentralized exchange incubated by Bitmain, will be open for beta test on 24 May. DEx.top is a decentralized trading platform based on Ethereum network. The platform is designed to provide users with a secure, instant and low-cost trading experience.
Centralized exchange provide users with efficient order-matching and adequate liquidity but suffer from asset security issues. The existing decentralized trading platform guarantees the security of assets through the form of smart contract but is troubled with trading efficiencies.
The DEx.top team is committed to creating the “best decentralized trading platform”. The exchange is featured by the ROC mechanism (Replayed On Chain), adopting the model of onchain and offchain double accounts to ensure asset safety. The exchange is capable of supporting high concurrent transactions while retaining transparency and decentralization.
The core team members are from Google, Uber, Temasek and ASICMiner and located in Switzerland, Hong Kong, Singapore and other places. The founding team has extensive R&D experience in fintech product development and has independently developed the Braft consensus algorithm for consortium blockchain.
8btc conducted an exclusive interview with Leo, COO of DEx.top.
8btc: Decentralized exchanges have long been criticized for trading efficiency. How does DEx.top solve this problem?
The main reason for the poor efficiency of decentralized transactions is that each order needs to be confirmed on blockchain. We use the ROC mechanism to complete the order-matching part offchain, thus avoiding dependence on the blockchain network.
8btc: Can you explain in detail what the ROC mechanism is?
ROC is Replayed on Chain. DEx.top has two types of ledgers: the offchain ledger is used for real-time trading while the onchain ledger based on Ethereum smart contracts is used to secure the user’s assets. The two ledgers are closely coordinated. Trading will be first registered in the offchain ledger, which will then be relayed to the network and finally confirmed onchain. The onchain ledger is equivalent to the delayed version of the offchain ledger and will eventually be kept in sync with the offchain ledger.
8btc: Why do we design a “dual-ledger with offchain-trading and batching confirmation” model? What problem did this design solve?
For traders, security, cost, and efficiency are their biggest concerns. We also observed the weaknesses in the security aspects of centralized exchanges and the drawbacks in the cost and efficiency of decentralized exchanges. Therefore, the dual-ledger model was designed to deliver a safe, instant, efficient and low-cost trading experience.
8btc: Decentralized exchanges were hacked before. In terms of security, what measures has DEx taken?
To sum up, DEx.top guarantees the safety of user assets through several points:
1. The user’s assets are kept under smart contract rather than DEx.top.
2. The transaction of the token is completely based on peer-to-peer transaction. The order must be signed by the user’s private key and verified by the smart contract after the order-matching. The platform does not collect or store any user’s private key.
3. The code of the contract is completely open source during the beta period and can be checked by anyone.
4. Even if DEx.top offchain trading is attacked, the platform will suspend trading and hackers will not be able to transfer any assets of the accounts under their control and will not be able to place orders. In exceptional circumstances, trading halts cannot be resumed and DEx.top can close the onchain ledger and return all users’ assets to their respective accounts.
Our official website has a saying I personally favor very much: Don’t trust the words – read the code, welcome everyone to review our code.
8btc: What are the features and advantages of DEx compared to various decentralized exchanges currently on the market?
Compared to other decentralized exchanges, our advantages are:
1. Real-time trading. DEx.top adopts the “offchain matching and onchain settlement” mode to guarantee instant trading.
2. Low Gas Cost. Specific data regarding gas cast has been disclosed on our Github. Our gas cost per order is about 30% lower than other decentralized exchanges.
3. The code is open source. Smart contract is completely open source and can be reviewed by anyone.
8btc: What is product roadmap and recent plans?
1. In terms of listing, we will carefully select high-quality projects that are determined to innovate on a global scale, picking real long-term valuable assets for investors, providing a fair, transparent and professional financing platform for the startup team.
2. In terms of ecology: BCH, RSK, and EOS will be provided to form a broader cross-chain trade pairs. Cooperate with wallet providers like imToken and Ledger to provide more user-friendly experience through multiple portals. Work with instant messaging app and social media such as Yeecall and K stations to create a more timely interaction with the community
3. In addition, our mobile version is already under development, which will bring you a more convenient, faster and safer trading experience.