China Crypto Roundup (Nov. 15-Nov. 21) ：China Continue to Crackdown Crypto Mining
1. China will continue to severely rectify virtual currency mining
China Development and Reform Commission mentioned in a meeting that it will continue to severely rectify virtual currency mining, especially for large-scale mining activities and state-owned enterprises involving mining.
2. China Development and Reform Commission: virtual currency cannot be circulated as currency in the market
On November 16, the spokesperson of China Development and Reform Commission pointed out that virtual currency is a specific virtual commodity that is not issued by the monetary authority, is not legally compensatory and compulsory, is not a real currency, and should not and cannot be circulated or used as currency in the market.
3. China’s Internet giant Netease: We are hiring virtual scene builders and other Metaverse -related positions
Today, NetEase revealed that it is hiring Metaverse-related positions. At the same time, NetEase CEO Ding Lei said that NetEase has made preparations for Metaverse in terms of technology and planning. Earlier, NetEase had registered multiple Metaverse trademarks.
4. Sichuan Provincial government held a meeting on virtual currency “mining”
Sichuan Provincial government held a meeting on virtual currency “mining” and trading activities in the province to report the situation of virtual currency “mining” and crackdown on virtual currency trading, and to make arrangements for the next stage of work.
5. Beijing Haidian district: conduct investigation on virtual currency mining activities
Beijing’s Haidian District Development and Reform Commission said in a notice that it should step up supervision and law enforcement on energy conservation, conduct investigations on virtual currency “mining” activities, and resolutely stop illegal financial activities.
A news producer without feelings. Find me on Twitter: @WendyplusCrypto; Telegram me: Wendy Wang.
Please sign in first